22 August 2011

the waiting game

source
i'm not very good at waiting. i'm very patient with people, but never with time. unfortunately, that is all i'm doing this week. you see, there are three major things happening: the little one's mom is having a baby, i'm taking the g.r.e., and michael is coming back from uganda. big right? i like to think of them this way: a new life is being brought into the world, i'm taking the test that will be on my grad school applications, and i'll get to see the love of my life for the first time in two months. this is also my second week of summer which means days full of nothing (except the little one) needless to say, the days are dragging by. i totally thought today was thursday. silly me. and, of course, all this waiting is making me lazy. instead of doing little productive things, i just waste time waiting. my goal is to make the most of the next five days and not let them slip past because very soon i will be in school, wishing i had made the time to unpack my fall clothes and dust my bookshelf. 

also, can i  just say that i am on edge waiting for the "we are in labor! come take care of the little one!" call? seriously, i can't imagine what it will be like (in some far off time) when i'm the one waiting for my own little one to make an appearance. 

how do you handle waiting?

before i go, here is a little something that brightened my day: apparently, when the little one woke up this morning, the first thing he said was "i run away with salah!" (he uses an 'l' instead of an 'r' when he says my name) and as soon as i got to his school, he told his class "this is my salah. no share." i'm not going to lie, it's pretty adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment